0800 043 4161
or 0207 043 4161 from a mobile

Is there a register of deed polls?

You may be surprise to learn that there is no central register of deed polls as there is no requirement to officially record a change of name in the United Kingdom. You may however have your deed poll enrolled in the Enrolment Books of the Supreme Court of Judicature which will provide a publically accessible record of your change of name.

Why would you enrol a deed poll?

There is no advantage to be had by enrolling your deed poll other than to provide a public record of your name change. Due to the costs involved (£64.43 as of November 2010) and the very stringent requirements the vast majority of people changing their name by deed poll decide against enrolment and as a result only around 250 of the 70,000 deed polls issued each year end up in the Enrolment Books.

Getting your document enrolled

If you wish to have your deed poll enrolled you should call the Royal Courts of Justice on 0207 947 6000 for more information, or write to:

The Royal Courts of Justice

Legally change your name today!

Cost Calculator

Use this tool to calculate the total cost of your deed poll application:

Deed poll type
Number of copies
Delivery method
Estimated delivery
Total cost
- Apply now
Need help or advice? Call us on 0207 043 4161, use our live chat service or request a call back

Request a call back from
a member of our team

Deed Poll Services logo

Please complete the form below to request a call back from someone in our team who will be able to provide information and advice on changing your name.

Please note: our office is currently closed so you may not receive a call back until the next working day.