Terms and conditions
In order to submit an order via Our website you will be asked to expressly agree to these terms and conditions and in so agreeing you are forming a contract with Us.
- "You" and "Your" shall be construed as referring to the person submitting an order and thereby entering into a contractual relationship with Us.
- "We", "Us", and "Our" shall be construed as referring to HMA Group Ltd.
3. Who we are
- DeedPolls.com is owned and operated by HMA Group Ltd which is incorporated in England and Wales under the Companies Act 2006 with company registration number 7835764.
- DeedPolls.com, The Deed Poll Service, Deed Poll Services, and the Deed Poll Office are trading names of HMA Group Ltd.
- We can be contacted in the following ways:
We aim to respond to e-mails within five business hours and postal correspondence within five days.
- Phone: 0207 043 4161
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Post: 67-68 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8JY.
4. Our guarantee
- We guarantee that Your deed poll will be accepted as proof of Your legal name by all UK based organisations. That includes the Passport Service, DVLA, HMRC, Your bank and employer.
- If any UK based organisation refuses Your deed poll as proof of Your legal name change You will be entitled, subject to production of satisfactory evidence of refusal and compliance with any reasonable requests from Us, to a full refund of all money paid to Us in relation to Your deed poll application. This is the limit of Our liability.
- Our guarantee is subject to the exceptions set out in section five below.
5. Where Our guarantee does not apply
Our guarantee, as set out in section four above, does not apply if-
- Your deed poll was not correctly executed,
- You are changing Your name to give the appearance that You hold a title,
- some or all of the information You provided to us was false,
- You are a foreign national living in the UK,
- a record holder's parental consent requirements have not been met,
- a record holder requires further evidence that Your name has changed for "all purposes", or
- the Identity and Passport Service decide that Your new name is in breach of their inappropriate or temporary name change policy
If You have any doubts as to whether Your deed poll would be covered by Our guarantee You should contact Us before making Your order.
6. Delivery of goods or services
The speed with which Your deed poll will be delivered is dependent on the delivery service You select-
- Standard delivery:
Your order will be dispatched on the day We receive it by second class mail*
- Registered delivery:
Your order will be dispatched on the day We receive it by recorded delivery* which means that someone will need to be available at Your delivery address to sign for the package.
- Special delivery:
Your order will be dispatched on the day We receive it by Special Delivery* which means that someone will need to be available at Your delivery address to sign for the package.
* Orders will be dispatched on the same day We receive it providing the order is made before 3pm Monday to Friday or before 1pm on a Saturday. Orders received on a Sunday or outside of the stated times will be dispatched on the next working day.
7. Combining orders
We reserve the right to combine orders with the same delivery address into one package.
8. Additional fees for overseas delivery
If You would like Your deed poll to be delivered to an overseas address there will be an additional fee to cover the costs of sending the package abroad. Someone from Our team will contact You to confirm the exact price before dispatching Your order.
- Deed poll applications
- the price of an adult deed poll application is £16.99
- the price of an child deed poll application is £19.99
- Delivery services
- standard delivery is free
- the price of recorded delivery is £3.00
- the price of special delivery is £8.00
- Copies of deed poll
- the first copy of Your deed poll is free
- the price of a second copy is £2.00
- the price of a third copy is £4.00
- the price of a fourth copy is £6.00
- the price of a fifth copy is £8.00
- the price of a sixth copy is £10.00
- the price of a seventh copy is £12.00
- the price of a eighth copy is £14.00
- the price of a ninth copy is £16.00
- the price of a tenth copy is £18.00
- the price of a eleventh copy is £20.00
- the price of a twelfth copy is £22.00
- the price of a thirteenth copy is £24.00
- the price of a fourteenth copy is £26.00
- the price of a fifteenth copy is £28.00
10. Payment terms
All money due to Us under these terms and conditions must be made within five days of submitting Your order. If You fail to make payment within the five day limit prescribed by this section We reserve the right to charge You additional sums as set out in section 11.
11. Additional fees for late payments
If You fail to settle all money due to Us under these terms and conditions within the time limit as set out in section 10 We may, at our discretion, charge You additional sums including-
- an administration fee of £10.00,
- £1.50 for each letter sent by first class mail to You in relation to the debt,
- £2.50 for each letter sent by recorded delivery to You in relation to the debt,
- £5.00 for referring Your debt to a third party debt collection company, and
- all other reasonable expenses incurred by Us or Our appointed agent during the course of pursuing a debt owed to Us under these terms and conditions.
12. Our right to refuse an order
We reserve the absolute right to cancel an order made by You for any reason. If We exercise Our right to cancel Your order under this section You will be notified as quickly as is practical and any money You have already paid to Us in relation to the cancelled order will be refunded to You in accordance with section 16.
13. Your right to cancel this contract
- Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (the "Regulations") You are entitled to cancel Your order and terminate this contract within fourteen days of submitting it.
- However as We process all orders before the expiration of the fourteen-day cancellation window and deed polls are personalised to Your requirements, the Regulations limit Your ability to cancel Your order and terminate this contract to the time between submitting the order and Us beginning to prepare Your deed poll.
- If You wish to cancel your order You must notify Us by phone or e-mail. If Your notice of cancellation is received by Us before We begin to process Your order You will receive a refund of any money You have already paid in relation to the order in accordance with section 16.
14. Correction of errors
- If the error is Our fault
If the error appears on Your deed poll as a result of a mistake which is our responsibility, We will issue a replacement deed poll and send it to You by first class mail on the same day We acknowledge the error without charge. This is the limit of Our liability.
- If the error is Your fault
If the error appears on Your deed poll as a result of a mistake which is Your responsibility (You spelt Your name wrong on the order form, for example), We will issue a replacement deed poll and send it to You by first class mail within three days of Us acknowledging the error. There will be a charge of £10.00 payable for this and You will be required to make payment before We send out Your replacement deed poll.
15. Replacing missing orders
If Your order has not arrived within seven clear working days of dispatch You will be entitled to receive a replacement order which will be sent out within three (3) days of Us acknowledging the issue. You will not be entitled to a refund of any part of Your payment as a result of Your order going missing while in transit. You have twenty days from the date of dispatch to notify Us of missing documents in order to qualify for free replacements. There is no charge for the replacement documents and this is the limitation of Our liability.
16. Payment of refunds
If You are entitled to receive a refund under these terms and conditions We will process the refund within thirty days of Us acknowledging Your entitlement.
If any of these terms is at any time held in any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
18. Governing law
This agreement is governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising under or in connection with this agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.